Welcome to my blog about yard sales, crochet, my family and my life. A yard sale map in one hand and a crochet hook in the other.

Monday, May 21, 2018

Prom, pool, plants

I thought I was through with proms as far as having to either buy a dress or rent a tux, but I found myself doing just that a couple of weeks ago. Sloan is only a sophomore, but his girlfriend is a junior. Isn't he handsome? After taking this picture, we fixed his fallen boutonniere and put his tie under his vest. This tie was an "America's Funniest Video" moment because we had to google a video on how to tie it!  


 My daughter-in-law, Holly, turned 30 and her family gave her a surprise party.
Justin has been working on the yard and the pool. The pool was installed in 1998 and needs a new resurfacing.












 I don't know the real name of this tree but mama always called it 'Grandpa's Beard'. I've heard some call it a "Fringe tree". This is in mama's yard.
 Tried to take a selfie with it!
 Justin taking a well deserved rest.
 Mama's Rhododendron is beautiful!
 Justin made a sandbox for the grandbabies....



The deck is almost complete....
I've been crocheting another 'Element' afghan but ran out of a color. It's the stonewashed yarn from Hobby Lobby and I haven't made a trip yet.
In the meantime, I've been making some "interlocking" blocks. If you don't pay attention, you can mess up!



Last but not least, I leave you with this adorable picture of Amelia eating dirt!

Have a great week!



No comments: