Welcome to my blog about yard sales, crochet, my family and my life. A yard sale map in one hand and a crochet hook in the other.

Friday, May 28, 2010

Happy Birthday,Pink Saturday !

Happy 2nd Birthday! Come join the fun with Beverly and friends at How Sweet The Sound. This is the largest blogging party that I have witnessed.
I wanted to show everyone what I did to my chest freezer! My husband told me I was crazy, but we already knew that. didn't we? I had some of the "Ballet pink" paint left from painting the candleabra, so this is what I did....

The border was a piece of wallpaper border that I found at a yard sale. It wasn't as easy to stick as I thought it would be. I had to get my 'tacky white glue' and spread it on the border in order to get it to adhere. While it's not the best paint job, it looks so much better than the rust spots and silver paint that hubby had applied!  Happy Pink Saturday!
You can stop laughing now!

Photobucket

18 comments:

glor said...

You freezer chest looks so cute and happy. Its a good thing to have happy. I think this is very cool!!! lol

LV said...

This is a first for me. I have never seen a freezer chest that was as fancy as yours. Great idea.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I say anything painted Pink looks better then before!

craftyles said...

Hi Charlotte, I love what you did to your freezer. That was really creative.Even better that you got the wallpaper from a yard sale!

BronnyB said...

No laughter at all - what a great idea - should I find the 'right' wallpaper strip, I might just pinch that idea
How clever you are.

Coralie Cederna Johnson said...

Happy PINKS day!!! Have a great weekend!!!
Hugs,
Coralie

Twyla and Lindsey said...

I'm not laughing at all! I think a pink freezer is perfect and what a cute border. Happy Pink Saturday, Charlotte and I hope you have a wonderful weekend! Twyla

The Artful Diva said...

What a good idea!

Rebecca said...

So cute and clever! Happy Pink Party Day!

Back Porch Blessings,
Rebecca

Anonymous said...

Happy Pink Saturday Birthday, Charlotte! I loooove your crochet hooks and crochet background!!!

Catharina Maria said...

Have a wonderful Pink weekend ;o)
love from the Netherlands ♥RINI♥

D. Jean Quarles said...

Happy, happy, happy Pink Saturday!

Anonymous said...

Happy Pink Saturday!! Love your freezer! Hope to see you at my blog sometime! XX

FLOWERSHOPGURL said...

Hi Charlotte, Your freezer painted pink is so adorable, what a cute ideas. Stop by for a quick visit and check out my birthday party post for Beverly's Pink Saturday, lot's of pink to see... Have a wonderful day!
Hugz,
Kim

Maggie said...

OMGosh, that's just darn adorable; but I'm still laughing...

Sorry for the late PS visit- so many pinks, so little time this long holiday weekend!

Happy belated PS!

In Shoes We Trust,
Maggie Mae
"Do These Shoes Match This Purse?"

Char said...

That looks just perfect. Happy Pink Saturday and please excuse my tardiness this week, lots of pinkies to visit. Char

Simply Debbie said...

HAPPY BELATED PINK SATURDAY 2ND BIRTHDAY
I AM STILL MAKING MY ROUNDS TO ALL THE PINK SATURDAY PARTICIPANTS
YOUR FREEZER IS TO SING A SONG FOR...IT IS SO ADORABLE ESPECIALLY WITH THOSE ROOSTERS...AWESOME JOB
HUGS AND BLESSINGS
SIMPLY DEBBIE

Beverly said...

Happy Pink Saturday, Charlotte. We have been pinking together for a while now, and I want to thank you for everything you do to make Pink Saturday special. I am so glad you decide to participate.

Thank you for the birthday wishes. I think your idea to pretty up your freezer turned out great.