Just now getting to Five Questions Friday sponsored by Andrea. I know it's Sunday, but better late than never!
1. What is one thing you miss the most about childhood?
Not having to work for a living!! I really wouldn't want to have to start over with my childhood, because I felt inferior to others. People would always compliment my little sister about how cute she was, even though I was standing right beside her! I may not have been as cute as her but I was smarter! I had no problem with school but she struggled because she was, and still is, self-centered.
Growing up in the 60's was a turbulent time because of the riots, drugs, free-sex. hippies, etc. But I do love the music!
2. Are you still friends with your friends from high school?
I am friends with some of them but the others are still stuck-up! You know the ones I'm talking about! They always thought they were better than you and still do. I have had a few 'conversations' with some of my fellow classmates on Facebook and that is one of the main reasons I started blogging instead of 'facebooking'.
3. Is there a catch phrase, cliche, or word that just drives you bonkers every time you hear it?
I cannot stand the way the Food Network cooks use 'ya'll' after every two words! No one talks like that in the South! Ya'll is used instead of saying 'all of you" or 'you guys'.
4. What is one thing that you think symbolizes America...besides "Old Glory"?
5. What are your 4th of July weekend plans?
We always have an annual cookout and fireworks.