Welcome to my blog about yard sales, crochet, my family and my life. A yard sale map in one hand and a crochet hook in the other.

Saturday, November 20, 2010

50 Sucks!

Justin's 50th Birthday was such fun! He never saw it coming! I contacted his 'boss' and asked that he contact all of the people Justin comes in contact with during a normal work day. His phone never stopped ringing! He couldn't figure out how everyone knew it was his birthday. :)

I had signs and balloons by the driveway and then a cake later. I gave him a metal detector as his gift. What a great day!






We (Micki, Janet, Ashton & my sister Tammy) went to the Southern Christmas Show in Charlotte yesterday. We had a blast! Tammy and I sampled a few wines, coffees, dips, and any other food and drink we could find. I bought a few gifts, but the main object was to get ideas and have a good time. Success!
Found a couple of yard sales this morning.  Got a new frying pan for $2..

A Vera Bradley purse for $2...
                                               A sweatshirt for $1...............
                                          A box of different kitchen gadgets for $1..... There was a wine opener in there, that's why I got it.
Hope everyone has a great weekend!





Photobucket

3 comments:

glor said...

Happy Birthday to Justin! Love the signs and especially the 50 sucks box! Great and cute ideas. Your shopping finds are incredible!

Heather said...

50 Sucks. That's funny with the lollipops!! I hope y'all had a great time.

Vicki@MorePowerfulBeyondMeasure said...

Those 50 suckers are so cute...the 50's are wonderful!
Can't believe you found a Vera Bradley bag for $2! Great find!