Welcome to my blog about yard sales, crochet, my family and my life. A yard sale map in one hand and a crochet hook in the other.

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Crocheting again!

I started crocheting again last night after finishing a book that kept putting me to sleep! My daughter, Micki, gave me some yarn for Christmas so I had to do something with it. The yarn she gave me was Red Heart "Monet". I picked out some colors that would match and found this pattern in my stash. I found this pattern on the internet at novamade.typepad.com. It is so simple that after you make the first motif, you can remember how to make the next without looking at the pattern. That's the type of crocheting I like!
I used size H hook and seven different colors. The complete afghan requires 39 blocks.
Rnd:1 With 1st color, ch6 and join with slst to form a ring. Continuing with 1st color, ch3, work 2dc into ring, ch1, (3dc into ring,ch1) five (5) times, join with slst to top of beg ch-3. Fasten off. (6 groups of 3stitches).
Rnd 2: Attach 2nd color in any ch-1 sp, ch 3, (dc,ch1,2dc) in same ch-sp, ch1,*(2dc,ch1,2dc) in next ch-1 sp, ch1, repeat from * five (5) times, slst in top of beg ch-3 (these are the corners of the motif). Fasten off.
Rnd 3: Attach 3rd color in any ch-1 corner space, ch3, (dc,ch1,2dc) in same ch-sp, *ch1, 2dc in next ch-1 sp, ch1, (2dc,ch1,2dc) in next ch-1 corner sp, repeat from * four (4) times, ch1, 2dc in next ch-1 sp, ch1, slst in top of beg ch-3. Fasten off.
Rnd 4; Attach 4th color in any ch-1 corner sp, ch3 (dc,ch1,2dc) in same ch-sp, * ch1, (2dc in next ch-1 sp, ch1) repeat to next corner, (2dc,ch1,2dc) in next ch-1 corner sp, repeat from * four (4) times; ch1, 2dc in next ch-1 sp,ch1, repeat to corner unit, sl st top of beg ch-3. Fasten off.
Rnd 5: Attach 5th color, repeat round 4,
Rnd 6: Attach 6th color, repeat round 4.
Rnd 7: Attach 7th color, repeat round 4.
Join motifs by whipstitching together ( 4 rows with 6 motifs and 3 rows with 5 motifs). Once joined, a border can be added.
I am not an experienced pattern writer, but an experienced crocheter will be able to add a border without a pattern. If help is needed for the border, please refer to the original pattern from here (January 2010 post).
How about that snow we got? Is it still at your house? We still have a little laying around but the weather man is  predicting 60 degrees for Saturday, so it should be gone soon.

Stay warm and happy crocheting!

Photobucket

1 comment:

GardenOfDaisies said...

LOVe the colors in your crocheted block. I need to learnn how to do rounds, All I know right now is straight rows. Sigh.

Wanted to wish you a very happy New Year!!!!!!!