Welcome to my blog about yard sales, crochet, my family and my life. A yard sale map in one hand and a crochet hook in the other.

Sunday, January 16, 2011

If I only had a brain....

Justin and I took the grandsons to Hobby Lobby yesterday to get supplies for Gavin's school project. He has been working on a report of the nervous system and had to include an interactive model as well as a written report. Justin's co-worker had a skeleton that he let Gavin borrow. We got some polymer clay and chenille yarn to make the skeleton interactive. Gavin added eyebrows, pupils and a nose to the skull...
Isn't this hilarious? That's a brain, not a hat!

The boys could not believe all of the great things that Hobby Lobby had to offer. They wanted everything! I told them that is why it takes me and their mother a couple of hours to shop whenever we visit Hobby Lobby!
I finished my afghan...


Now, I'm finishing the "Pretty Little Liars" series. I bought the last book, "Wanted", yesterday and have already finished reading half! This book really is a shocker! So much better than the TV series.
Hope everyone has a great week! No more snow!!




Photobucket

4 comments:

AmbyLand said...

That is a very beautiful afghan. I love the retro stuff. Also your blog name rocks!

Amber

Anonymous said...

I love the afghan, it is beautiful. my best friend made me a afghan throw for christmas, i love it! im also a cancer!

glor said...

Great work Gavin on the skelton! And the afghan is gorgeous!

Pammy Sue said...

Gorgeous!