Welcome to my blog about yard sales, crochet, my family and my life. A yard sale map in one hand and a crochet hook in the other.

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Earthquake!!

The big news yesterday was the earthquake in Virginia that was felt in our neck of the woods. I felt it while sitting at my desk but did not know what had happened until it was told on the radio. No one believed me at first when I asked them if they had felt the eathquake. It felt like a large (very large!) truck was passing by. In fact, that's what I thought it was.


Luckily this was the only damage here....

Now we are bracing for Hurricane Irene. Hope she decides to go elsewhere!
Photobucket

3 comments:

byhooks4u said...

It is a good thing though to have some warning on Irene. You can make plans and kind of be prepared. Good Luck to you and yours. Let us know how you fare through the storms...

Derek and Catherine said...

We felt the earthquake a lot in DC! Derek was in the library underground and I was in our apartment. We lost a picture frame but thankfully I caught the mirror hanging on our wall before it fell!

GardenOfDaisies said...

I hope that hurricane does not make land at all, but just stays at sea! No problem on the comments. I've done that myself.