Welcome to my blog about yard sales, crochet, my family and my life. A yard sale map in one hand and a crochet hook in the other.

Monday, February 6, 2012

Blogger Award



My 1st blogging award! Debi from Dly's Hooks and yarns nominated me! Thank you so much, Debi!
Now I must tell you 7 things about myself and then pass this award on to 15 bloggers - so here goes:
1. I have been married to my best friend, Justin, for twenty-five years. We met at a club on a Saturday night and have been together ever since.
2. I taught myself to crochet over 39 years ago by following the instructions in a Family Circle magazine. 
3. Yard sales are my favorite place to shop. I tell everyone my house is decorated in 'early American yard sale'! Love a bargain!
4. I was born on my dad's birthday and Justin was born on his mother's birthday! 
5. I was a senior in high school when my baby sister, Tammy, was born. How embarrassing to think your mother and father were doing the 'nasty'!
6. I had emergency back surgery in 2007 because of an epidural abscess. If it hadn't been for Justin's persistence, I would be paralyzed or dead. 
7. I am lazy when it comes to housework. Hate it! But my house is clean and not like a hoarders. 
Now on to the 15 blogger friends that I would like to pass this award on to. If you do not participate in awards - that's ok - I just wanted you to know that I enjoy your blog


1. Anne from Anne Fannie's Green Acres
2. Vicki from Byhooks4u
3. Cheri from Cheri quite contrary
4. Suzanne from Coloradolady
5. Faith from Crochet by the sea
6. Crochethuahua
7. Michelle from Doublewide Dreamer
8. Dawn from Fiddlesticks
9. Liz from Here's to Handy Andy
10. Sue from It's a Very Cherry world
11. Randee from Randee's Organized Chaos
12. Keetha from The Eclectic Company
13. Susan from SusanD1048Crochetaddict
14. LV from Thoughts from Meme's Corner
15. Lee from Snowcatcher


I got some more good news today... I have a job interview scheduled for Wednesday!! It's about 40 miles from my home but if it works out, I'll be back to work. WooHoo! Wish me luck!

Photobucket


4 comments:

LV said...

Thank you for honoring me with this award. I would love to accept it, but not up to following all the rules.

hooksandyarns said...

You're welcome Charlotte. Good luck with your interview. :)

byhooks4u said...

Good Luck with the job interview..Personally I would opt for the unemployment for awhile (oops did I say that out loud) anyway thanks for the blog award..but I don't tend to follow through..just happy that you thought of me!! Thanks

Richard Rose said...

Congratulations on the award and good luck with the job interview.