Welcome to my blog about yard sales, crochet, my family and my life. A yard sale map in one hand and a crochet hook in the other.

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Hot time, summer in the city...

It's a beautiful morning with the temperature at a reasonable number. But that's going to change soon because they are predicting 100 degree weather! Poor Justin has to work in this heat!
In the 40 years that I have been crocheting I have never used sock yarn. But I am wanting to crochet the Lolo African Flower Bear, so I visited Hobby Lobby and found these on sale.
I was really wanting solid colors but looks like sock yarn is all variegated. The pattern calls for different size hooks, but I am using a size B/1. So far, it's going great.

The colors are funky but I think this will work.
My Easter lily finally bloomed. Beautiful!
 I've used this picture as my desktop wallpaper...
Stay cool!
Photobucket

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that bear -- haven't made it so am anxious to see how yours turns out.

I'd use that for my desktop as well. It's beautiful!

Sandy said...

I love all the colors together, fun and funky. Beautiful Lilly, mine just like that just stopped blooming about a week ago. There are beautiful aren't they. Can see why you have it as your screen saver. I'm not much of sewer, so glad to have found the needle holder already made, lol.

byhooks4u said...

I have never used sock yarn either.. Is it soft? Can it be used for a baby blanket?

Kate said...

Good find! I've never used sock yarn before, either. Have fun making your bear :-)
Blessings,
Kate

Witchcrafted Life said...

Your Easter lilies are absolutely beautiful. They make me yearn to tuck one behind my ear for a tropical inspired look.

Thank you very much for your lovely comment on my garage sale finds post, Charlotte, I sincerely appreciate that you're a fan of Chronically Vintage.

Tons of joyful weekend wishes,
♥ Jessica