Welcome to my blog about yard sales, crochet, my family and my life. A yard sale map in one hand and a crochet hook in the other.

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Gatlinburg....day three

We all slept in a little later and just hung around the cabin for a while. I found a letter in a drawer from a previous tenant that told they had hidden 14 wheat pennies inside and outside the cabin. That started a hunt and soon, with the help of a flashlight, we found 8.



 By this time, our eyes were beginning to hurt! Around 2:00 we headed for Pigeon Forge. We stopped at a couple of shops and then we stopped at the go-carts.
After they rode these, I agreed to ride in a double go-cart with Justin at another track. I will NEVER do that again! 
Then we hit the arcade. BORING!! Can you tell I'm a child of the 60's and played outside not video games?





I stepped outside for a few minutes and saw some crazy kid riding this............

 Oh hell no!!
After enjoying a good meal, we started back to the cabin because the sky was getting black. It started raining before we got back to the cabin, but we made it and stayed inside for the rest of the night.
 

To be continued...............

Photobucket

2 comments:

hooksandyarns said...

Looks like another great day. The penny hunt was a nice thing for the people to leave for ya'll to do. :)

byhooks4u said...

sounds like you are having a wonderful time!!! You are creating memories for your grandkids..Hugs