Welcome to my blog about yard sales, crochet, my family and my life. A yard sale map in one hand and a crochet hook in the other.

Saturday, August 24, 2013

Saturday news

Woke up early this morning to go with Janet to Summerfest. We first took Kayla to the DMV to try for her permit, but she didn't want to stand in line, so we headed back to York. We stopped at a yard sale and I found a DVD for Pam's granddaughter, Vivien. She has oodles of stuffed dogs and loves to watch Beethoven. I also found a brass horse and styrofoam wreath. $1.75 in all!
 We got to Summerfest before the streets became too crowded. By the time we left, it was beginning to get that way.
 Sloan and Janet looking at the cars........
 My ideal car! I love,love,love '57 Chevy's!
 Janet bought this beautiful wreath.............
I met a sweet young lady that was selling necklaces and bracelets that she had crocheted. Visit her Etsy shop Shelia B Creations.

 I found this cute parakeet thingy in a consignment shop for $1.71!!
The crocheting is slowly coming along.....

Have a great weekend!
Photobucket

2 comments:

Gramma Rita said...

Very nice finds! I especially love that parakeet thingie. :)

Hindustanka said...

I liked the crochet necklace, she does beautiful work! I wish we had such events and sales here, but no way!