Welcome to my blog about yard sales, crochet, my family and my life. A yard sale map in one hand and a crochet hook in the other.

Saturday, May 3, 2014

Saturday News

Community yard sales everywhere today! Why do they do that? So many yard sales, not enough time or money! But Pam and I had a good time this morning. I found a few bargains.
These signs were marked for $3 apiece but I got both for $5. The original sticker on the back had $9.99!
 Got Justin and the boys new bathing suits for $1 each!
 This strange contraption is a yarn organizer .....
The grommets on top allow the yarn to be pulled through....
 Not bad for $1!
Three hand towels and a beach towel for 25 cents each...............
 This lamb doll was $1 and I just had to have it. The lady said it was hand knit from Brazil.
Assorted goodies. I have been wanting to read "To Kill a Mockingbird" but didn't want to pay the high price from the bookstore. This was 50 cents!
The flower fabric is another shower curtain...


 The bride and groom look good sitting on this shelf....
Couldn't forget to find Della something, but the cat is mine!
 Found these crochet books by digging through a box full of quilting books. Got both for $5. The original prices are $14.95 and $19.95! Bargain!
Speaking of crochet, here are some more blocks finished. I have 8 more to go before I start putting them together...
Got my feet propped up, a cold drink, and my laptop warmed up. Think I'll take it easy for a while. Have a great weekend!


Photobucket

5 comments:

Gramma Rita said...

Wow, you found some great stuff again! :) Love the shower curtain & knitted lamb! Great work on the squares! :)

hooksandyarns said...

You really hit the jackpot this time - I like the cups and the yarn organizer. Enjoy your day. :)

Kate said...

Awesome finds! Gotta love community yard sales, but you're right: not enough time or money. The signs and yarn organizer are the best, I think :-)

byhooks4u said...

My town had town garage sales today..they always do it right before the second week of May as that is when they will do clean up week...anything you have been needing to throw away but is too big or restricted can be taken out to the curb for the entire week..some people become "collectors" and make off with another man's trash..Oh I didn't go to the sales..My family needed me.

Bindu said...

I love to buy on sales too. The problem is too many stuff not got used yet. How you finish using them all?