Welcome to my blog about yard sales, crochet, my family and my life. A yard sale map in one hand and a crochet hook in the other.

Saturday, July 26, 2014

Saturday News

I had my Saturday all planned out. Justin and Sloan were going to work on a pool and Gavin was spending the night with a friend. That meant I had Saturday morning to go to a few yard sales and Goodwill. All was well and I was just about ready to walk out the door when Gavin text me to pick him up. What? It's 7:30 in the morning!! What the hell was he doing awake?? This is the same 16 year old who won't even think about getting up during the week before 1:00 pm!! Crap!!
So like the good grandmother I am (shut up laughing!), I went to pick him up. Luckily his friend only lives a couple of miles from us. But it was foggy as hell this morning!! And some dumb-asses weren't using their headlights! Anyhoo, I picked Gavin up and he said he had a headache that wouldn't go away. I took him home, told him to take a hot shower and try to get some sleep. I left and went to a church yard sale but even though it was a good one, I didn't buy anything. Next yard sale was really a good one. Great prices! I got another magazine holder for 25 cents (can never have enough of these).......
 .........a wooden baboon for 50 cents.......................
...fits in well with my Japanese collections............

 .............shower curtain for $2...............

 ...........and a small pitcher for 25 cents..............

 I found a few more yard sales with no luck until I headed home. At this yard sale I found a Keurig coffee holder. It was marked $10, but I got it for $7! It even had a few cups with it.........

At the same yard sale I found this cute ceramic coffee pot for 50 cents..............

I came back home to find Gavin asleep. I sat around for a couple of hours and decided to head to Goodwill. On the way, I stopped at a few yard sales that were still going. I got these two 'fishing' pillows for Sloan for $2.................
 .....they were kind enough to give me the book for free! Love Uncle John's!
I stopped at the Walmart in Newport to check for some green yarn that the local Walmart didn't have. This Walmart didn't have it either, so I settled for another shade of green. In the middle aisle was a bin full of yarn on clearance!! Oh no! Can you guess what I did? That's right, I spent my two gift cards that the boys gave me for my birthday!

I did make it to Goodwill but thought it was going to be a dry run too but I kept looking. I found these cute baby quilts .....................
 .......I just couldn't pass this one up! $2.58 for both!
...............found six placemats $1.49 ..................
...............and two plastic containers for 99 cents each..................
About an hour after I got back home, Gavin asked me to take him to the doctor. So, there went another couple of hours. Sinusitis! Medicine and a humidifier! Hope this helps.
How was your Saturday?

Photobucket

5 comments:

hooksandyarns said...

You always find the best stuff Charlotte. Love the little coffee pot.
I hope Gavin feels better soon. :)

Crafty in the Med said...

Seems like you have had a very profitable day with all these great finds and at such reasonable prices. Love the china jug!

Hope your grandson gets better soon.

keep well

Amanda :-)

Ranjitha said...

Whoa you've got such amazing stuff. :-) I loved the coffee pot and the pitcher. And of course the yarn. :-)
Hope Gavin gets better soon.
-Ranjitha

Gramma Rita said...

You always find such fun stuff at the garage sales and Good Will. I wish our GW had prices like yours. Ours gets carried away with their pricing. :p Hope Gavin feels better soon!

Donna Wilkes said...

Stick him a hot shower with some eucalyptus oil on an old rag on the bottom of the tub. It will clear his head. You could have bought the oil at Walmart while you were there. Great finds! Thank you for coming over to read about my Funky Figurines.