Welcome to my blog about yard sales, crochet, my family and my life. A yard sale map in one hand and a crochet hook in the other.

Sunday, February 1, 2015

Sunday news

Yep! Unfortunately the flu bug caught me! Body aches, chills, headache, cough. At least I'm not throwing up or have diarrhea! I didn't even feel like crocheting last night but I did finish a pair of booties to go with the christening dress.

I thought it was just a sinus headache yesterday and was glad to get out of the house and go junkin' with Pam. We went to an antique mall in Charlotte first. The only thing I got was this salt and pepper set. It's a reproduction but they're what I've been hunting.
Then we went to Pineville to the Black Lion store. I got this bird to put in one of my yard sale birdcages.
Look at this paper we found....
I'm going to go back and get some to wallpaper as my backsplash in the kitchen!
On the way home, we stopped at the Goodwill store. I found two skeins of Lionbrand Homespun yar and the wicker pumpkin for 99 cents each!

 I found this wooden church at the Goodwill a couple of weeks ago. It's a music box that plays Amazing Grace.


Well, I'm sitting here watching a Dr. Pol marathon and drinking plenty of fluids. If my ears would stop ringing, I might feel better.
Hope you are having a better Sunday.
Photobucket

2 comments:

Shirley said...

Charlotte, I hope you get to feeling better and that they got it caught before it got to bad. Your Christening outfit is adorable and hope you get a picture to show us how adorable she will look in it. We are cold with snow today. We had rain yesterday and of course when it started to snow, we had ice under the snow. Take care. Hugs and Prayers from Your Missouri Friend.

Pammy Sue said...

Now that was a GREAT shopping day. You brought home some neat stuff! Love the booties!