Welcome to my blog about yard sales, crochet, my family and my life. A yard sale map in one hand and a crochet hook in the other.

Sunday, March 1, 2015

Baby Shower

Rainy and cold Sunday, but it was just right for a baby shower. My sister, Pam, and I gave my granddaughter, Ashton, her first baby shower. She's due in about 4 weeks with a little boy.




 My mother made an Amish Puzzle Ball.........
 .....a rocking horse (not a good picture).....
 ..............embroidered quilt............

 ........and fleece blankets.............
 Della was in heaven playing with the toys at Pam's house.
 I can finally show you the graphghan I made for my first great-grandson!


 Olivia, Della, and Vivien enjoyed the cake.....
 These are two quilts that Pam quilted for me to give Ashton.....




 Four generations.....soon to be five!
I have been wanting to show you some of Pam's collections. Going to yard sales and antique stores together we both have our homes decorated with our collections.
This is her Hoosier cabinet in her kitchen. You can tell she loves the color red.



 This is a room off of the kitchen. It used to be a back porch when she married Ed 36 years ago.

 Her dog, Sophie, taking it easy.
 This is a room where Ed watches the race or football games....
 That's one of my afghans on the back of the recliner!
 A toy sink and stove!

 Her laundry room ..................



 Some of her paint-by-number pictures.......

 Her "faux" mantle............
 Vivien's room when she visits..............
 Spare bedroom............
 This room was designed as a den when Ed built the house.
 Pam's bedroom............
 I tell her all the time I don't see how she and Ed can sleep in this double bed!
 These ladies are in her bathroom.............
 .....along with this medicine cabinet.
We had a great time and Ashton received some great gifts.Now the countdown begins.
Here's what I'm working on.........a Steeler's afghan for Rodney....
Holly posted some pictures of Della wearing the poncho I made her....


 And we can't forget Maxel! Aren't those blue eyes dreamy?


Photobucket

4 comments:

Gramma Rita said...

Looks like it was a lovely baby shower! All the gifts are so nice. I especially like the quilt your mom embroidered for her. My mom used to make those for the babies. :) Pam's house is decorated very nicely! Love it! :) Della and Maxel are as cute as ever! :)

Pammy Sue said...

You gave your granddaughter a wonderful baby shower. She got some really nice things! Love the graph ghan you made! It was fun seeing your sister's house and collections. I like seeing other people's's homes. Della looks so cute in the poncho you made. Fun post.

Shirley said...

Charlotte, The baby shower was wonderful. I love the afghan that you made her. I enjoyed the tour of Pam's house. She has some things that brought back memories of growing up. The tub and wash board. I have use one of those in my life. It is wonderful to soon have a five generations. Stay warm and safe during the crazy weather. Hugs and Prayers from Your Missouri Friend.

Kate said...

It looks like a wonderful shower, Charlotte :-) Congratulations to Ashton! The monkey blanket is too cute, and the rest of her gifts are adorable. Thanks for sharing Pam's collections; I could spend hours looking at all of them.