Welcome to my blog about yard sales, crochet, my family and my life. A yard sale map in one hand and a crochet hook in the other.

Saturday, March 28, 2015

Cotton fields and yard sales

Pam and I had a little luck this morning finding yard sales. We didn't buy that much but had fun hunting. A local church was having a barbeque sale and beside the church was a cotton field. Unfortunely the cotton had already been picked, but we were able to find a few cotton bolls.

Here's what I got at yard sales. Another Uncle John's Bathroom Reader for 50 cents.....
 
 A Santa and reindeer figurine for $2....................
 A ceramic lady for $1....................
 A beautiful unopened picture frame for $5. Original price tag has $19.99!
A Starbucks coffee mug for 50 cents............
We stopped at Goodwill and I found this bunk bed ladder for $9.99. This is going to be used in Gavin's room.
 He's been using my vintage stool to climb into bed and I've been praying I could find a ladder or another stool before he broke mine. Please excuse the mess.....it's a sixteen year old's room!
Justin, Rodney, and brother-in-law, Ray, are on the lake fishing. It's cold today but maybe they can catch some fish. I'm going to spend the rest of the day with my feet propped up, crocheting, and watching TV. Hope tomorrow and next week is warmer. Kids are on spring break!

Photobucket

3 comments:

Faith said...

Oh that cotton is really cool. I've never seen it like that before. Right out of nature, awesome. What are you going to do with it?

Kate said...

Ha ha! I've never been brave enough to pick cotton straight from the fields. We have a lot growing here in Texas. Great finds at the sales. Stay warm :-)

Gramma Rita said...

Love the cotton pic! I've never seen it in real life before, so this is the next best thing. :) Looks like you found some fun treasures at the sales. And I think Gavin's room looks great for a 16 year old's room! I remember my son's room when he was 16. It was nowhere as neat as Gavin's!! lol