Welcome to my blog about yard sales, crochet, my family and my life. A yard sale map in one hand and a crochet hook in the other.

Saturday, April 11, 2015

Saturday News

This is going to be a long post with lots of pictures because this has been quite a day. Pam was at her mountain cabin, so it was just me and Janet yard saling this morning. The first yard sale was at a church near our home. This was an unusual yard sale because everything was free! They didn't even want donations! I got this grapevine wreath....
 ......and this is what I did with it.......remember the cotton bolls from a couple of weeks ago?
I thought I had two sheer panels, but the loose one is actually a shower curtain!
.....A small parrot and a wooden spool of thread..............
 ............here's the parrot in my bathroom..........
............a bookbag................

 ............a vintage mixing bowl.................
 .........two "toy trucks".....they play country songs!

 ............a 1976 glass........
........a 'goofy' bird...........it's actually a Christmas ornament....
......and here it hangs.......
Other yard sale bounty......  a cooler and a duffel bag............
.....a wire cart and globes. I'm going to use the cart for yarn storage. Pam is getting one of the globes. They were $2 each........

............a can of purple spray paint for 50 cents............
....... a metal parrot..........
 ......and here he is just hanging around the pool..............
...........a stuffed parrot and the parrot from Rio................

 I stuck a stick through his feet and made a 'swing' using a pipecleaner..............
.......a Geisha and a small rickshaw.............


.........a bulldog...............
 ............and a chihuahua for Vivien..................
............a plastic Clydesdale.................

.......a parakeet painting...........
 .........hanging in my bathroom.........
...........a vintage copper weather vane for $10.............
 ..........a plastic seesaw for the kids............
 ............a pull-up bar for Sloan.............

Remember the birdcage I bought last year?
I finally got it painted and a plant put inside.............


I took Gavin to be fitted for a tuxedo this afternoon. His prom is next month.
Sloan gets started with braces next week. Two weeks ago he had spacers inserted.
Justin bought a Mustang for Gavin. Happy teenager!

 It's hard for a six-foot five-inch man to get into a small car!




 Great-grandson Joshua came by to visit............



 Justin and Rodney are going fishing tomorrow...

I'm tired but not too tired to watch Outlander! 

Photobucket

2 comments:

Sarah said...

My first car was a mustang too! Man I loved that car...

Gramma Rita said...

Nice haul, Charlotte! My faves this time are the parrots and parakeet pic. :) Joshua is a cutie!!