Welcome to my blog about yard sales, crochet, my family and my life. A yard sale map in one hand and a crochet hook in the other.

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Introducing Madison Grace

My sister-in-law sent me pictures of her granddaughter, Madison Grace, wearing the christening dress I made her. She wouldn't leave the bonnet on her head, so grandma just laid it on her to get the pictures. She's so tiny that the hat was a little too big. Isn't she darling?


 I finished the christening dress I was working on, but haven't posted pictures yet because I need to get some ribbon for the bonnet and dress. I'll post as soon as I complete. Meanwhile I have started an afghan for Kayla's baby. She wanted elephants for the theme so I ordered this kit from Mary Maxim. I haven't ordered a kit since I first started crocheting over 40 years ago! I was disappointed with this kit because I expected full skeins of each color but received "wads" of yarn with rubber bands on them! There were a few full skeins but not for every color. The chart did not have the rows numbered which makes staying on the correct row a hassle. I have remedied this by writing out each row as I go along.This will be a cute afghan but I will probably never order another kit.

Photobucket

3 comments:

Kate said...

She's so beautiful, Charlotte :-) And the dress you made her is just darling. It's a shame the kit isn't put together better; you'd think they'd have a more professional look. Enjoy working on the blanket; it's really cute. One day I'll attempt to make something like that.

hooksandyarns said...

She's beautiful - and she is adorable in the Christening dress you made for her. :)

Crafty in the Med said...

Gorgeous babe and she looks even more so in that impressive christening gown.

keep well

Amanda :-)