Welcome to my blog about yard sales, crochet, my family and my life. A yard sale map in one hand and a crochet hook in the other.

Saturday, January 30, 2016

I'm back!!

I have been without internet, for my laptop, for a few days and I was going through withdrawals! I have used Verizon as my phone and internet service for several years because I was unable to get any other service in the area where I live. Tried Hughes Net years ago before I found Verizon. Anyway, I was getting tired of paying a ginormous bill every month and the Verizon contract runs out next week, so I started hunting for another provider. Imagine my excitement when AT&T said they could give me unlimited internet service! UNLIMITED!!!!! I haven't had that in forever!!!! It was installed yesterday and I am in heaven!!
I have worked on a few crochet projects lately. I made this German Shepard blankie, but I'm not as impressed with it as much as I was with the Basset Hound and Calico Cat. I think it has to do with the fact that I really don't care for the German Shepard breed. Sorry if I offend anyone, but that's my opinion.





 I bought a skein of Red Heart Unforgettable yarn to make a Braided cowl but it is so thin it wouldn't work. It is labeled as size 4 but it feels more like fingering yarn than worsted weight, So, I made a pair of fingerless gloves. This pattern was 'sort of' challenging but I made it. My "hand" that I bought at the antique store works great as a model. Pattern.
 I took a donation to the local thrift store and found this lovely lady for $1. She sits in my bathroom with the other "bathing beauties".
 I also found this crochet book for 75 cents. First crochet book I have ever found at this thrift store. It's a 1989 issue.
Later today we're going to Union, SC to a housewarming for my granddaughter, Ashton. Weather is beautiful this weekend compared to last weekend.
Talk to you later!

Photobucket

3 comments:

Gramma Rita said...

Congrats on your unlimited usage! I can totally relate! WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!! I now have unlimited, too. Will be writing about it in a blog post shortly. Hope you're having fun at the house warming!

Gramma Rita said...

Oh Lordy...never mind me...I won't be posting about my unlimited data in a blog post tonight because I already did! LOL I had totally forgot about posting that. Oh well...I am going to do a blog post. ;)

JOY @ http://joysjotsshots.blogspot.com/ said...

Love the bathing beauties.