Welcome to my blog about yard sales, crochet, my family and my life. A yard sale map in one hand and a crochet hook in the other.

Saturday, January 2, 2016

Saturday news

Second day of the year and I thought I would spend it at home crocheting. But Justin wanted to do something, so we took a trip to Lake Wylie. He went to Gander Mountain while I went to Kirkland;s, Michaels, Homegoods, and Pier 1. Homegoods and Pier 1 were too expensive, even with the after-Christmas sales! I oohed and awed over the yarn on sale at Michaels, but I didn't get any. Kirkland's had a great sale! Their prices are always good but today the clearance items were 25% off of the already lowered price. I found some Christmas decorations for less than $1 each!
 The birds bodies look like plastic wrap!

This picture was marked down to $8.97 but with the 25% I got it for $6 and change. Going in my bathroom.
Yesterday, Janet and I went to Hobby Lobby. They were packing up what was left of the Christmas stuff, but I found these for 80% off. The most expensive item was $4!


Back to today.....Justin and I went across the street to Goodwill. I found some goodies for me and the grandkids. Love this wooden globe....
 Paper roses.......
 Two tubes of wall decorations.......
 Santa shelf sitter.....
This Cars table set is for Xander and Josh....
The elephant rocker was bought with Declan in mind but I'm sure they'll all have to try it out.
 It makes elephant sounds!
This horse is for all of the babies. Unfortunately (or maybe not), I can't get him to make any noise.

 He's also missing an eye but I can fix that!
The weather here has been crazy! Hot on Christmas day, then rain for a week, and now it's cooled off. The sun is actually out! Look what this crazy weather did to my bird feeder!
I guess the birds need to start the new year off eating healthy!
Photobucket

2 comments:

hooksandyarns said...

Lots of nice stuff - I really like that globe too. :)

Gramma Rita said...

I like your bargain finds! Your birdfeeder cracks me up! We had a very warm Christmas, too. Seems the weather can't make up its mind.