Welcome to my blog about yard sales, crochet, my family and my life. A yard sale map in one hand and a crochet hook in the other.

Saturday, August 20, 2016

Saturday News

 Micki and I went "hunting" for yard sales. While we found a few, we had to go a little further than normal. Micki drove and I rode 'shotgun'. She said I didn't know how to give directions. I told her she was going to have to tend to me when I got older. We both got a good laugh out of that one!
Here's what I found.....two plates 25 cents each....
Here they are on my wall......
...a rug for Holly $10........
 ...and a small one for Maxel's room $2 and a large metal "C" for me $2.......
The "C" still had a $29.99 tag from Hobby Lobby! Here's where I put it for now...
Miniature houses 50 cents each. I'm starting to get a real collection!
 Elephant shelf sitter and monkey $1 each. I thought the monkey was a shelf sitter too until I tried putting him on a shelf!
So, this is where I put the monkey.......
...and here's the elephant.....
Isn't this salt & pepper set cute? 50 cents...
 I got this captain's chair for mother for $10. She's been having trouble getting up from her dining chair. Hope this helps.
 A giant clothespin 50 cents, "retired" sign 25 cents, and a ceramic ram 25 cents...
 A miniature chair $2 and a stool 25 cents....
 Pans and plate hanger 50 cents each. I used the plate hanger on the small dish above.
 A new grilling spatula 50 cents and wall protectors 25 cents.
We had to get a new stove this week. The bottom drawer is a broiler!
Janet, Rodney, and Kayla are at the beach for a few days. So we're keeping their dogs. This is Bam (Bam-Bam). He's about 14 years old and has lost his teeth, Sweet old man!
This is Ollie. He's a sweetheart too.
But his brother, Gizmo, is another story! He's barks all the time but is scared of his own shadow. I couldn't get a separate picture of him, so here they are all together. He's the one in the middle.
 Here's a better picture. That's Gizmo on the right.

I made this afghan for my niece.
I also made the part#1 of the Peacock Tail Bag Cal.
That's all, folks!























Photobucket

No comments: