Welcome to my blog about yard sales, crochet, my family and my life. A yard sale map in one hand and a crochet hook in the other.

Sunday, January 15, 2017

Sunday news

Not much happening here. Another one of my classmates died this week! That makes two in a month's time. Makes you scared and sad at the same time. Am I next? I hope not.
I've been crocheting a few things. I have found some great designers on Instagram and one of them is from Australia @crochetspecs. She designed a budgie (parakeet) pattern and this is my first one....

I used Hobby Lobby Soft Secret for this one. I bought some smaller yarn, Patron's Grace, to try next. I ordered some safety eyes but in the meantime I used some beads for the eyes. The pattern called for 8-ply yarn for the black in the wings, but it was too bulky for me. So, I used size 10 thread!
I also finished this Sedona Wrap by Elizabeth Ann White for BellaCrochet. I won this pattern from her a couple of years ago and just now made it!

Ignore the granny vest that's peeking out! I used some yarn I bought a yard sale this summer. No label!
I visited the local thrift store Friday and found this for the babies...
I also got these two ladies ......
That's all for now.
Photobucket

1 comment:

Gramma Rita said...

Oh my goodness...I love that parakeet, Charlotte! :)