Welcome to my blog about yard sales, crochet, my family and my life. A yard sale map in one hand and a crochet hook in the other.

Monday, March 22, 2010

My first Blue Monday

Welcome to my first Blue Monday posting! I hope to meet many friends along the way. Thanks to Smiling Sally for sponsoring. My husband and I bought this drive-thru sign at a yard sale for $40. When he updated my kitchen and made it bigger, he made a 'spot' just for this sign. The grandkids love it and it is a conversation piece.
This is the baby quilt my mother made for me from feed sacks. She copied the pictures from a coloring book! She is so talented when it comes to sewing, embroidery and quilting. I never have been able to teach her to crochet though. Oh well, three out of four is not bad. :)
This is just the start of a new friendship. Got to take more pictures. See ya next week!

Photobucket

14 comments:

Debbiedoos said...

Very neat find! Great price too! Happy Monday!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

The quilt is absolutely darling!
Debbie

Luna said...

What beautiful blue shots!!
Happy Blue Monday..Luna

Gwendolen Elaine said...

Wow,if I could do that with a quilt,I'd never think twice about picking up a crochet hook!She is so very talented,you are right!I'm a Carolina girl,too!Nice to meet you:)

SmilingSally said...

Charlotte, you have a talented mom and a generous and kind husband. Love the blue. Happy 1st Blue Monday.

Chubskulit Rose said...

Great first blue monday entry, nice to meet you.

Here's my Blue Monday post, have a great week ahead!

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Hopping over from my aunt's place (athomewithelaine) -- I can see why that sign in the kitchen would be the center of attention. HA! and I love the baby quilt made by your mom. It is just adorable! Have a beautiful day! Blessings, Tammy

♥ Kathy said...

What a neat sign and that baby quilt your mother made is so pretty! Happy Blue Monday!

maria said...

Love the quilt! Happy Blue Monday.

Mine is here.

Anonymous said...

Hi Charlotte, sweet quilt. Happy Blues~

Marice said...

blue McD :) cool! and that quilt is so beautiful! she really got talent!

u may view mine here

Ann said...

Great sign for your kitchen. I imagine it looks cool at night. Happy Blue Monday.
Ann

LV said...

So glad you joined us for Blue Monday. You certainly did an excellent job for your first. All your blues are so pretty. I think having that sign in your kitchen is so cool.

Teresa~ Gardening with Soule said...

What a great quilt. You are so lucky to have that. My mom can embroider so great(I am not so hot) but she can't crochet either. My grandmother taught me but couldn't teach her. she says it's cuz she is left handed. funny.