Welcome to my blog about yard sales, crochet, my family and my life. A yard sale map in one hand and a crochet hook in the other.

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Solo yard saling

This Saturday I went to yard sales alone! Micki didn't go with me because she wanted to sleep in. She works in the school cafeteria and after 3 months of not having to wake up at a certain time, she was tired! Poor baby! :) Anyway, I had a good time by myself even though I got lost sidetracked at one point. I ended up in neighborhoods where I wish I had someone with me or at least a Rottweiler! Rough looking neighborhoods! But somehow I managed to find my way back to where I originally started!
When I first started out at 6:45am, the posted yard sales were either not out or there wasn't any 'goodies' to be found. I figured I would go home with nothing and waste my gas, but eventually I started finding some good 'stuff''. I found this salt and pepper set that I believe has some age to it. It's plastic but looks like it's old. Does anyone know?

Great reading for 25 cents each!
Horror movies for Justin and the boys -$1-$2 each.
A 'No Parking' sign for Justin to add to his collection - $3
Barney, Rugrats, Captain Crunch, ceramic panda & frog - 25 cents each. Also found a Pampered Chef pizza stone - 25 cents!
Whisky glasses - 10 cents each
First time I have ever found dresser scarfs that were in good condition -25 cents each. The blue fleece butterfly blanket was 50 cents.
Doilies - 25 cents each (the pink ones were a set)
I've never seen a Golden Wheat bowl with the decorations around the edge - 25 cents
Teacup -10 cents
Hardee's coffee cup -25 cents; Tupperware salad mold - 25 cents
Heart shaped box - 25 cents ; bride -25 cents
Gift boxes - 25 cents each
Table - $5
Now for my best find of the day........drum roll please. For $10, a 1940's vanity with mirror.


and after cleaning and staging......

Hope everyone had a great weekend! I'm linking up with Debbie at Garage Salen Partay.

Photobucket

8 comments:

Debbiedoos said...

Look at the vanity and mirror...it is gorgeous! You done great Charlotte...I love the little doilies too. Thanks for joining in...I am going to check out your other post about the school. Have a great day! Debbie

Anonymous said...

Beautiful dresser and mirror, Charlotte. Oh, what a wonderful find. I like the doilies, too. And the salt and pepper are as cute as can be!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

What awesome deals especially on the furniture. I want to find deals like that.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Wow you got some awesome finds, especially that dresser!!

Diann @ The Thrifty Groove said...

Oh, love all those beautiful linens! And that vanity dressing table is just gorgeous!

The Queen of Fifty Cents said...

Great vanity, and I really love the dresser scarves!

Pam Kessler said...

Wow. What great finds. I have never seen a wheat bowl in person either. Looks cute. What are the chances of finder dresser scarfs and a dresser (ok, vanity) the same day!

Mary said...

My jaw nearly hit the floor (okay over statement but you get my point) when I saw the dresser with mirror and the price you paid!! WOW okay WOW again!! I'm loving it.