Welcome to my blog about yard sales, crochet, my family and my life. A yard sale map in one hand and a crochet hook in the other.

Friday, March 25, 2011

Thank God, she's OK!

I was reading several of your blogs this afternoon when my phone rang. When I answered, my oldest grandaughter was crying hysterically. I finally understood that she had been in a wreck and couldn't reach her mother. Luckily, Justin was at home and we jumped in the car and went to her. She was attempting to turn left onto the main road above our home and another car was in the straight lane, coming towards her, with his signal on to turn left. She said he started to turn left and she did too. Only he decided to go straight and hit her in the rear passenger wheel. She was spun completely around and was now facing towards the opposite lanes. Luckily, no one was hurt, but she was hysterical. Her mother was coming home from work and came up on the scene before Justin and I got there. I never once thought about taking any pictures! Thank God, she and the other car's passengers are OK.
Photobucket

4 comments:

Coloradolady said...

Yes, thank goodness she is OK.How scary for her and you. So glad no one was hurt. Bless her heart, I am sure she was scared to death. I feel bad for her!

The Decorative Dreamer said...

Amen! Praise God! My son was in another wreck this week. No one was hurt this time but the one in November was terribly frightening and all went to the hosp. There is nothing like an accident to bring you so into the moment of life! I am so happy your grand is going to be okay and hopefully will not have to experience this ever again.

Cathy Zellmann said...

So glad she is okay. I am sure she is quite shaken up! Give her a big hug, Grandma:)

Linda @ A La Carte said...

My oldest was in an accident at 16 and it scared me and her! Thank God she was Ok and your Granddaughter also!! Learning to drive and being experienced enough to know they don't always 'turn' are two different things. hugs, Linda