Welcome to my blog about yard sales, crochet, my family and my life. A yard sale map in one hand and a crochet hook in the other.

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Finally...success!!

I went yard saling by myself yesterday and finally found some treasures! First some free items. We love free, don't we?

A snowman for $2.....

A cat shelf-sitter....
 Do you see her?
A fake plant for 50 cents....
A 'electric' bug zapper ($2) and a framed doily (50 cents)
More books to read ... 50 cents each...

Avon Topaze bottles (50 cents each). My mother used to wear Topaze when they still made it.
5 tops (50 cents to $1 each). .. and they fit!!
......a box of Star War toys for Sloan ($5 for all)....
A Winnie-the-Pooh bookend set for .....(drum roll).......25 cents!!!!
This cookbook has the original recipe and a modern version... 25 cents
...and for my niece, Olivia, a unicorn costume ($1)....

Finally, my junkin fix has been satisfied!! I finished reading "The Time Traveler's Wife" and now I am hunting the movie. I also started crocheting again!!  WooHoo! I started making a 'babette' afghan and here is my progress...

I tried to match the colors from the pattern but because Hobby Lobby doesn't carry the same brand, I had to improvise. Doesn't matter.....I'm crocheting again!!!
Hope you have a great Sunday and a great week!

 Photobucket

6 comments:

LV said...

Looks like you had a good day on your outing. Now is finding the place for them.

K @ Aurora Blythe said...

Glad you are crocheting again! I know how it can be to leave it to the side for awhile. It nearly killed me, but I had to so my shoulder could recover from stress and a bone spur. Physical therapy helped alot and I am so happy to be hooking again. Great yard sale finds! I notice you got a Debbie Macomber. I recently picked one up, too. Haven't read her work but enjoyed her movies on Hallmark so I am looking forward to giving it a go.

Elaine said...

Looks like you make quite a haul on your yard sale trip. I never pass up books and I've bought a few fake plants myself. Thanks for sharing your goodies.

Snowcatcher said...

ALWAYS feels good to pick up a crochet hook again after a time away. I'm really diggin' some of your yard sale treasures!!!

ThriftyAnnabella said...

You found some great buys. Thanks for the visit and joining Superpoints. If you have satellite they're giving a Cinemax free preview this weekend and I saw they're playing Time Traveler's Wife.

crochet lady said...

Hi Charlotte! Thanks for the comment on my blog. You sure found a lot of things at one yard sale!