Welcome to my blog about yard sales, crochet, my family and my life. A yard sale map in one hand and a crochet hook in the other.

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

I will not let this beat me!

Finally! I am not going to let a crochet pattern stump me if I can help it. So I tried working the second row of circles using my experience in crochet and ignoring the confusing instructions.
Here is my instructions that make more sense.....
1st row (4 circles):
  1.  With color A, chain 22.
  2. 3 dc in 4th chain from hook, skip 2 st and sl st in next stitch; skip 2 st and 3 dc in next st.
  3. Repeat 2nd step two more times; 3 dc in last ch.
  4. Remove hook from loop and insert in ch 3 of first dc and then back into loop of last 3 dc group
  5. 12 dc in same st of 3 dc group (1st circle)
  6. Sl st in previous sl st (insert hook through chain and sl st)
  7. 11 dc in next 3 dc group
  8. Repeat steps 6-7 to complete 4 circles.
  9. Fasten off
2nd row (12 circles)
  1. With color B, chain 70.
  2. 3 dc in 4th chain from hook; skip 2 st and sl st in next chain
  3. Skip 2 st and 3 dc in next chain
  4. Remove hook from loop and insert in 4th dc of upper left circle and back into loop
  5. 4 dc in same st of 3 dc group (1st half circle)
  6. Skip 2 st and sl st in next chain
  7. Skip 2 st and 3 dc in next chain
  8. Remove hook from loop and insert in 4th dc of next circle and back into loop
  9. 4 dc in same st of 3 dc group (2nd half circle)
  10. Skip 2 st and sl st in next chain
  11. Skip 2 st and 3 dc in next chain (this will be the corner half circle)
  12. Repeat steps 2-11 two more times ; then steps 2-9 once
  13. Sl st to first 3 dc group to close
  14. 8 dc in last 3 dc group stitch (1st full circle)
  15. Sl st in previous sl st (insert hook through chain and sl st)
  16. 7 dc in remaining 3 dc groups with sl st between each
  17. Sl st to close
3rd row
  1. Attach color C to 4th stitch of any circle
  2. Ch 5
  3. Sc in next circle 
  4. Repeat  for each circle ( corner circles sc,ch 5,sc)
  5. Next row, dc in each st with 2dc, ch2, 2dc in each corner

Hope this makes sense and is easier to understand.

Photobucket

6 comments:

LV said...

I will have to leave all this type work to you. Never learned it. I think you are doing a great job.

Michelle said...

I took one look at that pattern on the website and said forget it! Way too confusing! I may try your version though.

Richard Rose said...

Good to see you've now mastered it. :)

Snowcatcher said...

Good for you for not allowing the instructions to intimidate you, and how awesome to come up with your own version that actually makes sense!

**CREATIVE CARMELINA** said...

Crochet patterns can drive me crazy! I prefer either following photo diagrams or just copying from a sample vintage doily myself!

Nice work!
Ciao Bella

Creative Carmelina

SusanD1408 Crochet Addict said...

Haven't had time to try your pattern yet but thanks for making it make more sense. I will try it as soon as I get chance