Welcome to my blog about yard sales, crochet, my family and my life. A yard sale map in one hand and a crochet hook in the other.

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Shopping for baby

Yard sales were rained out this morning, but we (Janet, Micki, and I) were able to go to one that was at a church. I didn't get much.....magazine holders, silk flowers, teething rings and a Lenox diaper pin with charms..


We then headed to Gastonia to shop for baby shower items. Boy, did we hit some good sales! The Toys 'R Us store is building a new store and the old store had a 'moving sale' where everything in the store was up to 50% off! We really did good at this store along with items from Party City and Michaels.






 I found this giant alphabet block at Hobby Lobby. The lid opens and I'm going to fill it with goodies.
The rain has stopped for now. I just heard some sad news that really hits home. A former co-worker died this morning. He had battled throat cancer and a heart attack after he had left the company. He and his wife never had children. This is so sad, especially when you work so close with someone. Please keep his wife in your prayers. 

Photobucket

1 comment:

hooksandyarns said...

Looks like you had a very good shopping day. :)

My condolences on the death of your friend. I will say a prayer for his wife.