Welcome to my blog about yard sales, crochet, my family and my life. A yard sale map in one hand and a crochet hook in the other.

Friday, March 8, 2013

One man's trash is my treasure!

My husband,Justin, has a job where he meets all kinds of people. He installs fiberglass pools and some of his clients include Nascar drivers, federal agents, TV personalities, sport figures, etc. You would not believe the things that people get rid of and Justin is there to bring them home. He has brought home pool furniture, antiques, trees, flowers, shrubs, etc. Yesterday he came home with this.............
 There's a chest of drawers that goes with this dresser. He'll bring that home later. Aren't these roosters adorable?

Tuesday was my youngest grandson's, Sloan, 11th birthday. We had his party Sunday.
Della was her usual cute self....
 Doesn't she look like her Aunt Micki?
I've been saving my yarn scraps as I cross-stitch the afghan blocks...
 ...and this is what I did with them. I placed them in an onion bag and hung it in a tree for the birds to use in their nests.
Have a great weekend!
Photobucket

4 comments:

hooksandyarns said...

The dresser looks great - I would love it if my husband brought home stuff like that. Happy belated Birthday to Sloan! Little Della is cute as always. :)

byhooks4u said...

What a great idea for the scraps of yarn!!! As for the dresser..wow..Well when your house gets to full you can send all the "junk" my way. And yes your grandaughter looks like her aunt alot. Have a great weekend, Blessings

Crafty in the Med said...

Crikey! I wouldn't call that dresser trash by no means....that has great possibilities!
Great idea for the bits of Yarn will have to tell my sister that she gets lots of birds visiting her two gardens.
Little one is gorgeous a real cutie.

keep well

Amanda :-)

Hindustanka said...

That cupboard is adorable! I love the style...roosters also seem to be a great decoration :)
Happy Birthday to your son! Wishing him health, happiness and grow up a nice man!
have a fab day!
Anna