Welcome to my blog about yard sales, crochet, my family and my life. A yard sale map in one hand and a crochet hook in the other.

Saturday, September 27, 2014

Saturday News

I've got a lot of news to share. First, grandson Sloan's football team won their first game Wednesday! It was misty rain at the beginning but soon cleared. Nail biter of a game because neither team scored until almost 4 minutes left in the fourth quarter. Only one touchdown for the entire game but that's all it takes!
Justin took a picture of me taking a picture of him!

Holly brought Maxel for a visit Thursday. Growing little by little....


 Look who was looking at me ...................
Do you see it? There were actually four of them!
Justin and Gavin went deer hunting yesterday afternoon ( down the road from these deer) and Justin got a six-point!



I finished another Spirit Bear. This one was much easier since I used the yarn bobbins I posted about last week.
Now, the news for today. Janet and I went yard saling this morning and came home with a carload of goodies. We had to lay the back seats down! Pam wasn't able to go with us but if she had, somebody would have been sitting tight! Janet found a chest of drawers at the first yard sale.
 Look at this cute giraffe she found!

 I found a bear for Pam's cabin and the table for $2!
 This is my most expensive purchase....$5! This birdcage was so filthy that I don't think they ever cleaned it!
 Four heavy plates, swan, two buddhas, raccoon figurine, and a 'weenie' dog............

 Here's another picture of the table and bear................
 Blue and white dog and horse  $2 each..................
 Two Japanese men who have lost their fishing poles! $1
 Two wooden elephants, trinket box, and ceramic teddy bear................
 Boots for Della, dog for Vivien, and two books for me..................
 This picture is thumbprints made to look like birds. The black thingy is a baby bottle warmer set. The white thingy is just a decorative thing (don't know how to describe it)
 Egg basket...................
 Crochet and linen tablecloth $1..................
 Here's the ceramic teddy bear..................

 I washed the tablecloth........needs ironing.......


Whew! I'm pooped! How was your day?
I was watching the news just now and heard that Chelsea Clinton named her new daughter, Charlotte! What a beautiful name! :-) I was hoping to have a granddaughter named after me! :-(
Oh well, maybe a great-granddaughter? Hint, hint! :-)

Photobucket

1 comment:

Gramma Rita said...

I think you ladies are gonna need a bigger car! lol Fabulous finds...especially that tablecloth for $1!! Imagine all the work that is in that beautiful piece. Wow!! Congrats to Justin on his buck. And congrats to Sloan on his win! :) Maxel is such a sweetie!