Welcome to my blog about yard sales, crochet, my family and my life. A yard sale map in one hand and a crochet hook in the other.

Monday, September 22, 2014

Mountain fun!

What a great weekend in Crumpler and West Jefferson, NC! I went with my sister Pam, her husband Ed, and their son Walter to their cabin in Crumpler,NC. Such a cute place to spend a weekend.



 Have you ever seen a solar light bottle tree?

This room was originally a porch with screened windows and a plank floor. Pam and Ed had normal windows and a tile floor added to make additional living space.
 Ed's in the kitchen and Walter is working the remote. There is a loft for additional sleeping.
 Pam's packing bathroom supplies.
There's only one true bedroom, but we had plenty of room.
What a beautiful view!

 We watched deer playing in the field yesterday morning.
This is a mural painted on the side of a building in West Jefferson.
 Pam's shopping at the antique fair. It was in two blocks of downtown West Jefferson.
Face jugs..............
 ..........outhouse cornhole game!
 .............funky door art.................
 ................a fiberglass donkey was for sale...........................
 I took this picture to show Justin how they treated the walls.............
I want a moose head! This one was in the burger joint were we ate lunch. 
 Pam and I at the burger joint. We are "Laverne and Shirley"! I'm Laverne!
Pam took me to 'The Cabin Store'. Yes, that's the real name! I have always wanted a bed like this, but Justin is so tall he wouldn't be able to handle the footboard!
 Beautiful antler chandelier but not for over $2000!
 I fell in love with this sheepskin pillow! $65!!!!
 Mounted animals everywhere!!



We stopped at a couple more antique stores. Who in their right mind would want an python mounted? Eeewwww! Not me! It gives me the creeps just looking at it!
 There was even a lion!
But it was on an interesting bed!
 Pam had to stick her finger in the elk's nose!
Near the cabin is a flea market that is open all the time. I want one of these single swings.
 I can handle these mounted heads!
 Pam got this deer head for her cabin and it looks great! So real looking!
I'm going to get this for my front porch!
At this same flea market they have these crazy animal salt and pepper holders. Pam has a bear set in her cabin. I got this mule holder for my kitchen table and just as I thought, Justin said it was typical that I would want an ass!  :-)
We stopped at a local produce stand for apples. They had some of the most beautiful pumpkins and gourds. Pam is holding a "swan gourd".
I found some small ones for $1 and I bought five.
Here are my goodies that I bought. A new sign for my kitchen........
 .........a sign for Justin.................
 I got these antler whistles and shotgun shell knives for the boys...........
 ........a skinny cat.............(it's missing an eye and a set of whiskers, but I don't care. $1)
 ..........an addition to my trinket box collection $2.............
 ........Frog prince salt and pepper set $2...............
 ..................$1 trinket box..............
 This was my most expensive buy $20. Talked down from $30! 1981 metal General Lee for Sloan's collection.
 $1 bundt pan. I bought this to use for Halloween decoration............
 Two blue geese $1 each......................
I had so much fun that I asked Justin to build me a log cabin. Here's a photo for inspiration........

I'm pooped but we are planning a Christmas shopping trip, but just us girls!





Photobucket

2 comments:

hooksandyarns said...

I absolutely love your sister's cabin - it's beautiful. If I had something like that at our campground, I'd never come home. I enjoyed looking at all of your pictures - lot's of great stuff. :)

Gramma Rita said...

Love the cabin, and so glad you had such a fun weekend! Love all your trinkets and treasures. Good Lord, though, that Python. :O You're braver than I am...I wouldn't have even taken a picture of it. I kinda skipped over that pic as quickly as I could. lol