Welcome to my blog about yard sales, crochet, my family and my life. A yard sale map in one hand and a crochet hook in the other.

Saturday, December 6, 2014

Disappointment!

I pride myself in being able to follow a crochet pattern and generally it works out. But then there are the patterns that no matter how closely I follow the pattern, it doesn't look like the original! I hate when that happens! I loved this pattern The Fat Bottom Granny Bag from Ravelry .............
 The pattern said it was made using two strands of worsted weight but bulky could be used instead. So, I used some of the Loops and Thread Charisma that I bought at the Michael's sale the other week. It also calls for 20 rows but I stopped after 17. Hot mess! I even used some of the yard sale fabric for the lining!


It will not be tossed aside but used to hold balls of scrap yarn. Aarrgghh!
Did anybody but me watch the America's Next Top Model finale? Did you see that coming? I was sure Will was going to win!
 Damn!
 He looks like Tyson Beckford, doesn't he? That's Tyson below.......
Whew! Enough of the gorgeousness, have a great weekend!
Oh, by the way, the local high school football team is going to State today! Go Cougars!

Pam's grandson will be playing! Good luck boys!
Photobucket

5 comments:

Faith said...

You're having an oh bother moment! Been there and done that too. This is a cute bag, I'll have to give a look see at the pattern. Looks like you did a nice job on it, did the lining have anything to do with it? Does it need blocked before being lined? Play around with some, just a little bit more and see if you cant tweek it a bit. I'll be working one up too, have to look at my yarn stash.

Kate said...

I'm sorry that happened to you, Charlotte. That really stinks! I hate pattern disappointment. Your bag did still turn out nice.

Maggie said...

Your bag looks great to me but it's frustrating when you've got your heart set on a pattern and for some reason it doesn't make sense! X

byhooks4u said...

cute bag..cute men..what more could a blog follower ask for? Have a wonderful week.

Pammy Sue said...

Hee-hee-hee...don't you hate it when something doesn't turn out like you want it? Especially when you've spent so much time on it. It looks fine to me. I think I've made this one before...yes, I made it in yellow and my mom put a really bright and wild lining material inside. I don't watch that show, but I know who Tyson Beckford is. As they say, easy on the eyes!