Welcome to my blog about yard sales, crochet, my family and my life. A yard sale map in one hand and a crochet hook in the other.

Sunday, September 20, 2015

Home again!

Back home after spending the weekend with my sister, Pam, and her husband, Ed, at their cabin in Crumpler,NC. Pam and I went especially to attend the Vintage Festival in the neighboring town of West Jefferson. We had a great time with three blocks of vendors along with a couple of antique stores.
 Great music................
That's Pam behind the gorilla.....
She took me to The Cheese Factory where you can watch them making cheese...(I'm saying "cheese"!)
I saw this in an antique store and I think I can make one.
Here are my goodies... two bags full of vintage crochet magazines for $4 per bag. There are Leisure Arts, Magic Crochet, Decorative Crochet, Workbasket, Crochet World, etc...

 This granny square vest leaflet is the reason I taught myself to crochet over 43 years ago!
Isn't this a cute Raggedy Andy?

 Marcella the moose......
 Tiny rocking chair...........
 Bedsprings.....a Pinterest project in mind for these.....
 Finally found a license tag with my birth year, 1953!

 Two small tins ........
 An Avon parakeet....
 Mr. Peanut cookie jar (hard to photograph)


We stopped at a local produce stand for fresh tomatoes and found these gourds....
On the way home, we stopped at an apple house and I bought these beautiful apples and Asian pears....
I had a great time but I'm glad to be home and in my own bed with my dear hubby.

Photobucket

2 comments:

hooksandyarns said...

Nice stuff - great find of the Mr. Peanut cookie jar. :)

Gramma Rita said...

Looks like you had a great time, and got some great finds! Awesome score on those crochet magazines! Love the Avon parakeet! :)