Welcome to my blog about yard sales, crochet, my family and my life. A yard sale map in one hand and a crochet hook in the other.

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Damage control!

So I'm sitting in my recliner crocheting and watching TV when all of a sudden the sky started falling! Literally! This shelf holding my baby quilt and Japanese collectibles .......
.......came crashing down scaring the shit out of me! Justin came running and he helped me pick up broken plates and knick knacks. Even the floor lamp was damaged! Here is the shelf and a few salvaged collectibles....

 Now I have two holes in my wall!
I'm just glad this didn't happen while we were asleep! Double heart attacks!
I've been making some fingerless gloves with free patterns from this website, Knitting and So On.





I used Red Heart Boutique Unforgettable yarn. Beautiful results but a bitch if you have to rip out!
I'm going to attempt one of the taxidermy projects again. I've been seeing a few from Facebook friends and I'm motivated again.
Rainy day here in SC .....great day to do nothing but crochet!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Gramma Rita said...

Glad you didn't have a heart attack when that shelf came crashing down! I like your gloves. I have a skein of Unforgettable here, but have yet to make anything with it. I love the colors in it.