Welcome to my blog about yard sales, crochet, my family and my life. A yard sale map in one hand and a crochet hook in the other.

Friday, May 6, 2016

Friday Finds

Today is my baby girl's 40th birthday. Last night she called me and told me about a yard sale beside her work. So after taking Sloan to school, I picked her up (her day off) and we went yard saling. We went to several others and found some good deals. I got the boys some jeans for $2 each.
 Vintage tablecloths $1 each....
 This one is large enough to cover my dining table.
The next yard sale looked like a bust (man-junk) until we started digging into boxes. I found some more sketch pads, tracing paper, and scrapbook paper. My entire haul at this yard sale was $15.


 Love playing with these! The grandkids will too!
 For some reason this guy looks like Ben Stiller!
 A bear pencil holder for Pam's cabin....
 Jack Skellington chopsticks for grandaughter, Ashton....
 Kissing Dachshund salt and pepper set....
 Pewter Eiffel Tower....
 Panda cub and cat ring holder. I used to have one of these ring holders years ago. I probably still have it packed up somewhere!
I went to the local thrift store Monday and found a couple of things. This "cow" was only 75 cents. It goes along with the other "cows" I bought at a yard sale last year.
 His horn was broken but I just took a Sharpie and colored it so it wasn't so obvious.
 This vintage Bingo set was only 50 cents! I remember playing with a set like this when we were kids!


I've been working on a baby afghan for my new grandchild due in September. I borrowed one of Mother's quilting frames to complete the cross-stitching. Breaks my back if I sit too long!
 I found it in this vintage book I bought at a yard sale a couple of weeks ago.
Tomorrow is yard sale day also. Della is also having her dance recital, so I can't spend too much time yard saling.


Photobucket

No comments: