Welcome to my blog about yard sales, crochet, my family and my life. A yard sale map in one hand and a crochet hook in the other.

Saturday, August 27, 2016

Saturday finds

I wasn't in any hurry to get up this morning but after I had my coffee, "read" the newspaper, and visited Facebook, I decided to go shopping. I headed away from York because the annual 'Summerfest' was happening downtown and I didn't want to get caught in the mayhem. Summerfest used to be a fun event to go to but now it's just a car show, food trucks and politicians with a few kid attractions. No crafts like before.
Any hoo, I headed to a yard sale in the neighboring town of Clover. There were a few people in a church parking lot but I only got this 2015 Summerfest t-shirt for 50 cents....

Other sales....shorts for one of the boys 50 cents...
 Packers dominoes for my sister-in-law 50 cents....
 My best buy....china cabinet $30....
This is why I wanted this cabinet............
 Remember the Victorian house plaque?
 Crystal from a friend.............Thanks, Roxanne!


 The Lenox elephant was from a yard sale today. 75 cents....
 This tea set is a ceramic set I made in the 80's....
Then a trip to Michael's for the new 'cake' yarn! Buy one, get one half off!
 Found two more skeins of the Issac Mizrahi yarn on sale...
 I needed the green to finish a project and the baby yarn was buy one, get one half off.
Then with my app on my phone I got 50% off any regular priced item (the green yarn) and 20% off entire store! Saved almost $40!!
I finally received the safety eyes I ordered for the bear taxidermy. Looks so much better!
He now resides in Pam's cabin!
That's it for today!
Photobucket

1 comment:

Gramma Rita said...

Great deal on the china cabinet...love it! You'll have to let us know what you think of the cake yarn when you use it. I've been seeing it pop everywhere on facebook lately.