Welcome to my blog about yard sales, crochet, my family and my life. A yard sale map in one hand and a crochet hook in the other.

Saturday, February 11, 2017

Saturday junkin'

I really didn't want to get up early this morning and I really did not want to go to the local tire store! But Justin had to lay out a pool this morning, so I took four ATV tires to the store to have the rims swapped. After I finished there, I headed to Walmart to pick up a prescription. On the way I found two yard sales!!! Made the trip worthwhile!
This little knitter was only a $1! The seller told me she found her in a home that hadn't been touched since 1968!
When I told her I crocheted, she gave me this yarn for free! It's only one ball and the remains of someone's work.
This "Maw" cup was $1. She also told me a story about how she broke the "Paw" cup out of anger when her husband was killed .
I also got these two lounge chair cushions for $10 each. The pool chairs were in need of some new ones.
Found another sale nearby. Elvis ornament and birds for 75 cents!
What a way to start a beautiful weekend!




Photobucket

1 comment:

Gramma Rita said...

Glad you found a couple sales to make your early start to the day more worthwhile. :)