Welcome to my blog about yard sales, crochet, my family and my life. A yard sale map in one hand and a crochet hook in the other.

Saturday, June 10, 2017

Saturday

Micki and I went to a church and a community yard sale this morning. We only stayed in York, so we were done by 9:15. This is all I got at the church yard sale...50 cents!
Community yard sale was much better. I found a size 3X camo hoodie for Justin for $5....
Rolls of toile` wallpaper $2.....
Indoor/outdoor stair treads $2......I have a fear of falling since my back injury....
Golf ball trinket box $2......
Box of forks $3..............I seem to have "misplaced" quite a few (or somebody else has!)
I was looking for a TV stand for Sloan's room and found one for $40! He has my old 42" TV and the entertainment center he has was not made for larger TV's.
I haven't been to a thrift store in weeks but after making a donation, I found these beautiful parrots for $5....

I have a new great-nephew, born June 5th. Meet my brother's first grandchild, Jethro Heath.
He met his great-grandma Friday.....
As for crochet, I've been working with thread for a change. I made this doily with some pearl cotton (peach color) that I had an excess of. Pattern is from Leisure Arts leaflet 2502, Pineapple Doilies Book 2. 7 Designs by Mary Werst. This is the first pattern in the leaflet.....

Still working on the Nuts About Squares CAL....
I'm sort of getting tired of this CAL. Too slow for me.....I don't like waiting!
I discovered that I can watch YouTube on the TV in the living room! What a great thing.....I just wished it would work on my TV in the bedroom, but right now, it only works on the Hopper and not the Joey's! Bummer! Have you ever watched the foreign language ones and tried to figure out their pattern? Takes me a while but I figure them out! I took pictures of certain steps so I could refer back to it. This particular pattern is a puffy entrelac pattern. I WILL DO IT!
Vacation is almost here.....two more Saturdays left!!!

Photobucket

2 comments:

LV said...

Love your hand work. I have SO Much of it as well as embroidery. Going to see if I can sell some.

Gramma Rita said...

Love the parrots! Little Mr. Jethro Heath is a cutie! So sweet! Love your CAL squares. :)