Welcome to my blog about yard sales, crochet, my family and my life. A yard sale map in one hand and a crochet hook in the other.

Sunday, July 9, 2017

Family vacation 2017

We have planned a family vacation for a year to Tennessee and this past week we made it happen. Justin and I arrived Saturday afternoon. Micki, Timmy, and the boys came Sunday. Janet, Rodney, Ashton, West, and the boys came Monday. Craig, Holly, and the kids came Wednesday night. Kayla and Declan were unable to come and we really missed them.
I'm not going to bore you with the inside pictures but it sleeps 20 with 4 king beds, 2 queens, 4 bunk beds, and a sleeper sofa. Plenty of room!
Great view of the mountains!



Justin was content just relaxing and watching TV. He has been working non-stop for a couple of weeks and he was wore out!
 Several games of corn-hole were played.
There were two mountain coasters near the cabin. I would have loved to ride them but was unable because of my back.
Timmy, Rodney, West, Ashton, and Xander were the first brave ones to try it.



 Sloan and Gavin sat this time out, but they did ride later in the week.
Amelia was a good baby...

 Maxel and Della loved climbing the stairs...



 Justin and Rodney were relaxing on the deck and pointed to a bird eating berries.
 Isn't it pretty?
 Amelia got a bath in the sink.....




 Josh put somebody's shoes on and tried going downstairs in them....

Relaxing in the spa...



Dinner at Mel's Diner....

 Flea market.......
Antique stores......


 I'll post my treasures at the end.
Muscle Car Museum....
 Titanic Museum......


I bought a trinket box as a souvenir...
Family photo...
The kids had a ball at the amusement park....























The grownups had an even better time playing this silly game with dental mouthpieces! If you follow me on Facebook, I posted the videos.
Grandma and Amelia
 Would you believe these two are only a month apart in age? Xander turned 5 on Saturday and Della will be 5 on August 8.


On the way to the cabin, Janet and her crew saw a mama bear and her cubs on the side of the road.
Friday morning, two bears came onto the deck at the cabin! I didn't see them but Justin got a picture of the "tail end" of one! It's hard to see, but that black thing in the center is the bear!

Here are my treasures....
a large mermaid trinket box for only $3.50! She's at least 6"!
 
 Easter egg and flamingo trinket box.....the egg has a small rabbit inside...
 Japanese rickshaw.....
 State ashtrays....I got North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and West Virginia...
 Oil and vinegar ceramic....
 Hands, of course!

 Peeing basset hound....
 Majestic Great Dane......
 Parakeet salt and pepper set....


Justin bought signs .....
and a neon clock....
  From the flea market....Hummingbird feeder
Moose salt & pepper holder


My best find was a calendar plate with my birth year, 1953!
We had a great time! Love my family!




Photobucket

1 comment:

Gramma Rita said...

Looks like you all had an awesome vacation. Tennessee is my favorite vacation spot. Not that I go on vacations very much. lol But I do love Tennessee. We went to the Titanic museum when we were there almost 7 years ago. Do they still have that spot where you put your hand in the freezing cold water and see how long you can keep it there?! :O Bless those people that were on the Titanic when it went down. My goodness... Love the bear pics as I so enjoy seeing bears. I am always looking for some around here. :) Glad you had fun and, as always, you found some great treasures!