Welcome to my blog about yard sales, crochet, my family and my life. A yard sale map in one hand and a crochet hook in the other.

Sunday, July 16, 2017

Crochet update

I finally finished my Nuts about Squares Cal afghan. I call mine, Nuts about Mocha. It took 15 weeks , crocheting only three blocks a week. Some of the blocks required me to view a video because the instructions weren't very plain. I used Red Heart Super Saver yarn in Mushroom, Oatmeal, and Aran. It's huge!
I also finished a gift for a special great-niece....

Pattern. I would probably make another but not using the extra-bulky yarn!
My sweet DIL, Holly, asked me to make a special dress for Amelia. Her aunt takes each child for a professional photo session when they turn one. Amelia turns one on September 26. So I started making her dress Tuesday. It's from Annie's Attic, but I don't remember how exactly I got the pattern. I have so many, I forget what I have!
I was really pissed annoyed yesterday when my granddaughter told me that after I spent my money and time making her MIL three vests, she decided they weren't what she wanted!! Excuse me, but I followed the pattern you wanted!
 I even made two of the one below in size large and medium!
Since these were made with Caron Cakes (which cost $6.99 a cake!), I'm going to 'frog' them and make the granddaughters a mermaid blanket. Don't ask for me to make you anything else! Rant over!
I wanted to show you a wreath made by one of my hairdressers. She made it using bandannas! Isn't it beautiful?
That's all I have today. Keep cool and crochet!


1 comment:

LV said...

What a great job. Each one is so pretty. I never learned to do this, but appreciate the things others have given me.