Welcome to my blog about yard sales, crochet, my family and my life. A yard sale map in one hand and a crochet hook in the other.

Sunday, August 27, 2017

What's up?

Wow! I can't believe it's been two weeks since I blogged! Yard sales are almost non-existent and I haven't been junkin' much. Pam's husband had hip replacement and between caring for him and mother, she hasn't had much chance to go junkin' with me. I have gone to the local thrift store once or twice. I found this trinket box the other day for $1
 ...and this 40th anniversary Avon figurine for $1.50....
 ...a grocery cart for the kids $2...
Another trip I found some shirts for Maxel... I think they were 50 cents each...
 Two dresses for Della $5 each....

 I grabbed this OTT light up for $6! I have one just like it so I gave this one to Micki. I use mine at my crochet chair.
Speaking of crochet, I finished the Campfire Cardigan. Not really impressed with this pattern....the sleeves swallow you up!

I also made this doily using some Artiste thread I found at Hobby Lobby on clearance. The color is Waterlily. I was playing "yarn chicken" at the end, so I had to skip one row to finish it.
 I'm currently working on this gingham blanket from daisyfarmcrafts.com. It's a simple pattern to follow. I seem to be in love with the "Mushroom" and "Oatmeal" colors from Red Heart!
Did you watch the eclipse? That was something, wasn't it? I came outside to find Sloan relaxing with his glasses.
 I didn't get any great shadow shots, but it was amazing to witness.
Craig sent me a picture of Della watching the eclipse. She was able to see the total eclipse. 
That's about all that I have! Hope you have a great Sunday!

1 comment:

Gramma Rita said...

I think I need to try that campfire cardigan pattern. I made a shawl for myself, but really need something with a bit more length in the arms.