Welcome to my blog about yard sales, crochet, my family and my life. A yard sale map in one hand and a crochet hook in the other.

Sunday, September 17, 2017

What a fun weekend!

I think everyone had a great time this weekend. Pam and I made a "girls only" trip to her cabin in Crumpler, NC so we could visit the antique festival in West Jefferson. We arrived Friday night and got up early Saturday morning. We started at 8 o'clock and didn't finish until after 3! We also went to a few antique stores before we headed back to the cabin. What a beautiful day!
Here's my haul......brass swans 50 cents each. I got these at a yard sale on the way to the antique festival.
Brass apple bell $1....
Brass praying hands bookends $1....

Vintage replica signs for the boys and Justin $10 each....(can you guess which one is for Sloan?)
A rooster for mama $1..his feathers are a lily ........
King and Queen in a sleigh $5.......(ceramic)...

My address in script $5 each.....
70's plastic mushrooms $1...

Marilyn Monroe salt and pepper set $12....

We ate supper at Shatly Springs. Look at the size of those biscuits!
 We saved these two for our breakfast this morning!
On the way home, we stopped at the Apple Barn and got some....wait for it.......APPLES!
I also got some Asian pears for Justin. While we were still in town Saturday, we went into a kitchen store. They had different samples of dips, salsa, oil, etc. But the best sample was this.....
It tastes like BACON!!!!! Everyone will have to wait until Christmas before I let them taste it!
Friday was the first day of bow season and Justin got a doe before 8 o'clock!

 Justin took Sloan and his friend to the 'mud bog' Saturday. I think they had fun!






I'm tired! Just going to rest for a little bit. I missed my crochet!


No comments: