Welcome to my blog about yard sales, crochet, my family and my life. A yard sale map in one hand and a crochet hook in the other.

Saturday, October 7, 2017

Saturday news

Wouldn't you know after weeks without rain, it finally does on the day we go yard saling! There were several community yard sales along with a church sale, but we only got to the church and the first neighborhood before the rain started. Pam and Micki went with me this morning and we found a few treasures before we were rained out.
A driver's manual for Sloan to study......
 A parrot print...........
 A Corning Ware casserole dish to match my set $1.....
 Hair scrunchies $1. I'm not going to use them for hair.......
 ....but for holding seams together for my crochet! I saw similar product on Facebook and thought, why not?
Two pair cargo shorts $2 each (my size!)
 A vintage Dixie cup dispenser $1. I have one that I ordered from the back of a Dixie cup package years ago and I still use it!
 A suction handle $1. Thought this would come in handy with my balance problem.
 Snowman trinket box $1....
 Scrooge 50 cents!
 Snowman and cats $1....
Justin and I celebrated our 31st wedding anniversary Wednesday. He surprised me with these beautiful roses. We're going out to eat this evening.
I started a granny stripe afghan to use up my scrap stash... 
I just reach in, grab a ball and crochet until gone. This basket was full when I started!
That's all for now.

No comments: