Welcome to my blog about yard sales, crochet, my family and my life. A yard sale map in one hand and a crochet hook in the other.

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Some of my projects

I was taught to knit by a great Home Economics teacher in 1967, Mrs. Betty Dickson. She was a great teacher and I want to thank her for everything she taught me. This is my first Granny afghan made from a kit in 1973. I taught myself to crochet following the directions from a Woman's Day magazine. Back then, there was always some type of project in the Woman's Day and Family Circle magazines. Today, nothing!
This is bedspread that I made using the pattern from a 1949 booklet I found at a yard sale. I found several others and will post them at a later date. This pattern is also in the American School of Needlework "The Crochet Yearbook" volume 1(2000)



This is a tablecloth I just finished. From "Favorite Throws & Table Toppers to Crochet" - Annie's Attic.


This is a throw I started and worked on after my Mother had her 1st stroke in April 2007. Four months later, I had to have emergency back surgery because of an abcess on my spine. We still don't know how I got it, but because of the love of my husband, I am alive and able to walk.Reminds me of 'Jim' from Ghost Whiperer!


This is my current project, a tablecloth using filet crochet. From Crochet magazine March 2003. I don't throw any crochet magazine away!

1 comment:

Anne Fannie said...

Hi Charlotte
Thanks for visiting my blog and for your sweet comment. We do have alot in common! I love all your tea cups and trinkets you collect! I also noticed you are on a diet, I am too and I have lot 27 lbs. You are ahead of me at 30! LOL All your Crochet work is beautiful! I love them all! My Mom does beautiful work too, I just never could get into it.
I clicked you as a favorite so I can return and we can keep in touch! Congratulations on starting a blog! You will meet so many wonderful ladies with the same interests! Try joining Pink Saturday over at Beverly's blog. That is a great way to meet lots of people. Click on it through my blog and contact Beverly!
Hugs, Ann