Welcome to my blog about yard sales, crochet, my family and my life. A yard sale map in one hand and a crochet hook in the other.

Friday, January 16, 2015

Crochet WIP's

I finally finished another secret project that I can't show you until after a baby shower. I hate not being able to share, but trust me, you'll love it! I can show you a finished throw that I worked on in between Christmas projects and the baby project. I started this when I was making the Chevron purses thinking this bulky yarn would make a beautiful purse. It's Loops & Thread Charisma yarn and it would probably work for a purse if I deleted some stitches. It's warm and soft!
 I spent yesterday afternoon browsing through my Crochet World magazines and while there are some great patterns, nothing caught my eye as a "must make" project! So, I searched my Facebook crochet groups for a graphghan chart. My grandson-in-law wants a New Orleans Saints afghan but I didn't want to make the same one that I made for Sloan. I couldn't find what I wanted so I 'googled' an image and made my own. I use Gimp and KPG to make a written pattern. I wanted to try Tunisian crochet this time and here is my progress....
 This is what it should look like when finished.
So far, so good! Kids are out of school, again!! Teacher workday today and MLK day Monday!! The only good thing about this is being able to sleep late!
Photobucket

2 comments:

Gramma Rita said...

Love your chevron throw...the colors are gorgeous! Good luck with your newest afghan...I know it'll come out great as you are so talented with those things! :D

Kate said...

Great progress, Charlotte :-) Have fun with Tunisian; it's on my to-learn list this year.