Welcome to my blog about yard sales, crochet, my family and my life. A yard sale map in one hand and a crochet hook in the other.

Saturday, October 24, 2015

Saturday News

I went yard saling by myself this morning and found quite a few bargains. Look at this never-opened Tool Bench! $8! Great Christmas gift!
 Nice luggage $2....
 At this yard sale there was no one around. There had been earlier but when I picked these two "fairies" and went to pay, I heard crickets! I even knocked on the door but still nobody! So, I left a dollar in a chair and left!
 

 Tassel 25 cents......
 Hippie bag 50 cents....
 Chandelier $1. I'm going to paint, add teacups to bases and make a birdfeeder. I'm sure you have seen these on Pinterest.
 This is what I'm talking about...
Pinterest picture
Rock'em Sock'em Robots $2..............
 A woodsy frame for Pam 25 cents........The original tag for $12.99 was still attached!
 Knick-knack shelf 50 cents......
An owl filled with potpourri for Janet $1......
 The original tag was still attached with a $16.99 price!
 I found this wooden parrot at a thrift store for 50 cents.
A 10-man tent for $10....
This was my best find of the day for $10! And it works! I've been looking at several models and thought I would try this one first.
I was asked if Justin bought anything yesterday instead of just drooling. Yes, he bought two guns, A Colt 22-pistol and a 308 rifle. I didn't post it yesterday because I didn't want the grandsons to know until they got home from school. (This blog posts on Facebook).
I posted my Patriots graphghan on several crochet groups and received several requests for the pattern. Because of the many requests, I opened my Etsy shop again adding this pattern along with three others. Stop by, I'll add more after I test the patterns.
Photobucket

3 comments:

Gramma Rita said...

I had a feeling Justin didn't walk away from those sales empty handed. lol Wow, did you ever find some great bargains yesterday! You go, girl! :D I'm looking forward to seeing your bird feeder once you get it made. :)

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

Love that hippie bag. I would have bought that too. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. I'm going to have to read thru your blog a little - yard sales and crochet are right up my alley. :-)

Faith said...

thank you for stopping over my place Charlotte. Those head vases are lovely and you are right pricey. I'll probably not get another one unless I can find a deal like you did 25 cents.