Welcome to my blog about yard sales, crochet, my family and my life. A yard sale map in one hand and a crochet hook in the other.

Saturday, October 31, 2015

Saturday News

I went yard saling this morning with Justin and Sloan. Not a great idea to drag men along with you to yard sales, but it wasn't too bad. I just had to ignore the "Do you know where you're going?' and "You can't block the driveway!" and " Slow down, the speed limit is 25!" comments. They should be grateful because one of the last yard sales was a regular that has a BBQ catering business. They came away with some delicious pulled pork. Here's our find.....a stereo for Gavin $15
A St. Bernard purse for Vivien 25 cents....
A Ninja Turtle golf set for Xander $1....
A roll of paintable wallpaper $1....
Picture frames $1 each.....
A needlepoint piece $3(got to figure out how to get that stain out)
Another shower curtain $5....
An original Charlotte Hornet's shirt $2....
I don't know the name of this plant, but I got it for 25 cents...
It's some type of succulent; I'll have to Google it. Speaking of plants, have you brought your houseplants in yet? I brought mine in a couple of weeks ago and my Christmas cactus is already budding.

 Holly gave me this several years ago and it was just a little thing. It sure has grown.
I put the birdcage plant in my bedroom. This plant was a "get well" plant I received when I had my back surgery in 2007.
Don't know the name of this one either, but I got a start from Mother's plant. It's sitting in an old wooden high chair I got from Pam.
This is a corn plant that Justin brought home. It was in pitiful shape, but has bounced back.
This Peace Lily lets me know when its time to water the others. I've had it for several years also.

 This plant was part of an arrangement Justin gave me over twenty years ago!
My latest crochet project is for Gavin. For those of you who don't know what Hinder is (like me), it's a rock band. 
Hope everyone has a Happy Halloween!



Photobucket

2 comments:

Kate said...

Great haul, Charlotte! Happy Halloween :-)

Gramma Rita said...

Lots of great things found, even if you did have to put up with the guys. lol Love that Saint Bernard! :)