Welcome to my blog about yard sales, crochet, my family and my life. A yard sale map in one hand and a crochet hook in the other.

Saturday, April 23, 2016

I'll get you my pretty, and your little dog too!

Or maybe, ET phone home! Nope, not a movie, just my little sister with her yard sale bike!

We have a good time during our yard sales! Except for the first one. A local church was having a "yard sale" (I use the term loosely because everything was free!), but they wouldn't let anyone start looking until exactly seven o'clock!! WTF! It was in the parking lot, they weren't making any money, and they had some god-awful loud music playing! I was not the only one who was frustrated with the way this was handled. If we hadn't been so close to our home, we would have gotten back in the car and left. I didn't get much, only three Tupperware (Uncle Si) glasses and some baby blanket quilted panels.
We found some more yard sales but still didn't get that much this week.
I got a box full of notebooks and composition books for $2.....
 I use the notebooks to store crochet patterns.
Two what-not shelves 50 cents each....
 An vintage suitcase $3.....
 The inside looked pretty good. I'm going to use it somehow to display some of my treasures in my new building (as soon as Justin gets power to it!).
 Two piggies $1 each....
 Patchwork cat with chenille back 25 cents......
 Stuffed flamingo 50 cents......
 Janet bought this chair for the pool....$2...
 Concrete bench $5.......
 Propane heater $20....
That's it! I came home and crashed! Woke myself up snoring! Beautiful weather today and for the next few days! Long pants put up, shorts are now on! Oh shit, that means I have to shave my legs!

Photobucket

3 comments:

LV said...

Garage sales are not like they used to be, at least around here. I need to have one, but on one seems interested.

Gramma Rita said...

Ohhh...my fave is the patchwork/chenille bunny. <3

Gramma Rita said...

And no, I'm not drunk. ;) I meant cat!! :D