Welcome to my blog about yard sales, crochet, my family and my life. A yard sale map in one hand and a crochet hook in the other.

Sunday, April 10, 2016

Saturday News

Another cold Sunday! Where did Spring go? Yesterday was tolerable but with high winds. So much wind that the large oak tree in my front yard was dropping dead limbs everywhere. Justin had to climb the ladder and cut some large limbs before they fell on my car. Sloan couldn't resist climbing either. He said he had always wanted to climb this tree!


All I could think of was a family member yelling to her son, "If you fall out of that tree and get hurt, I'm going to kill you!" We were at a family reunion at the time she said this and we still laugh about it to this day. We were all kids at that time. Do you remember Marsha? Your mom yelling at Stan!
Janet and I went to a couple of yard sales yesterday. Two schools were having sales but there wasn't much to choose from. I found this grocery cart (unopened) for $4.....

I also got this bag of alphabet blocks for $1.....
This is what I did with them....
At another yard sale I found these vintage ash trays for 50 cents each....
Look what was in the front yard at this house! BigFoot!
I stopped by the local thrift store Friday and found these treasures. All for $2.
A cute colt.....
 Pocohontas......
 The giraffe from Madagascar......
 ...and a peacock.....

I found this bird nest in my hanging basket by accident. Mama bird flew out when I came near.
That's it for now. Going to settle down and watch the new season of Outlander! I have finished another book and am now on the latest one.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Gramma Rita said...

Love what you did with the blocks, and I also love that peacock. Great finds! :)