Welcome to my blog about yard sales, crochet, my family and my life. A yard sale map in one hand and a crochet hook in the other.

Sunday, September 18, 2016

Wild and crazy weekend!

Well, not that crazy but definitely a fun weekend. I went with Pam and her husband and son to their mountain cabin in Crumpler, NC. This weekend was the annual antique fair in West Jefferson. What fun!

We even got to see "The Blues Brothers"!

The crowd loved them!

Several antique stores also....
I love how they use pallets for walls and shelves!
Look at these "crows"!

Great idea for using handkerchiefs....
Loved these....
Weather was great! Temperature around 5 o'clock Saturday afternoon...
Beautiful views from the porch....

Ed, Pam's husband, was bush-hogging....
Pam's beautiful flowers....



We went for a little drive and stopped at the barn across from Ed's home place. His sister still lives there. This barn and part of the land belongs to Ed.





Wouldn't you just love to ramble through this?
 Ed's dad used to store tobacco in this barn and you can see some still hanging from the rafters.
Across from this barn is another they call "the grainery"...
 This gazebo is in Ed's parent's yard.....
....along with this old glider....
The view from Ed's parent's yard.....
Here's my goodies I bought this weekend....
How do you like my "goat"?
 Got this for Justin....
 I was able to get $6 knocked off of these beauties....
 Primitive rabbit....
 This church is a music box! The roof lifts off .....


 Three trinket boxes....
 ...and an orphan salt/pepper lady....
 Ceramic parakeet....
Had a great time but glad to be back home!



Photobucket

1 comment:

Gramma Rita said...

Oh my, what a fun weekend you had! Thanks for sharing with us! :) I was busy with my daughter-in-law's baby shower on Saturday, and recuperating from it on Sunday. lol